Here making music allows students:
- To feel connection and community.
- To feel confident and successful.
- To experience joy and fun and share that with others.
Music for Young Children:
Weekly small group piano classes of 4-6 students, ages 3-8
Why start with a small class setting?
There are some big benefits for kids who begin learning in a group setting.
- GREAT RHYTHM: When kids learn in a group setting they learn to keep time and work as a team in ensemble playing.
- MORE HOME PRACTICE: Group learning is social and motivating. They will look forward to fun with friends each week and will be more motivated to practice at home.
- MORE SKILLS: The hour long setting allows time for them to learn so much more than just piano. There will be singing, games, composing, ear training and piano improvisation, too!
- CONFIDENCE: Working in a small group they receive encouragement from their peers and see that they are not alone when it comes to learning the challenging parts.
Tuition is $980 per year plus annual books/materials fee for weekly hour long small group lessons (4-6 students) running September thru June. Payable in 10 monthly installments. Sunrise Preschool Music Classes are also available and excellent prep for piano classes.
Accelerated Piano Lab Program for 9 and up:
For MYC grads and later beginners
This lab-style program consists of weekly 60 minute lessons.
The fun and motivating small class setting of 3-5 students addresses the number one problem piano students face: the difficulty of home practice!
This is often because traditional private lessons just don’t offer enough time. In this program, students will spend 60 minutes weekly in a structured but safe environment with a professional teacher empowering them to build problem solving skills, self-direct their learning and navigate their music independently so they can become confident musicians. They will receive the one on one attention they need as well as the space to work through it on their own.
They will receive encouragement and practice guidance, gain self-confidence, progress faster and love their lessons! This approach reduces anxiety, boosts confidence and focuses on supporting students while cultivating their love for piano. Students learn all their pieces during their lessons rather than being sent home to learn and practice them. They leave lessons excited to play what they’ve learned.
Tuition for weekly 60 minute classes are $1050 per year or $105/month and includes 5 master classes and 2 recitals.
Private Piano Lessons:
For adults, online students and late intermediate or advanced students
Tuition depends upon lesson time required each week.
Tuition includes: 34 lessons per year (4-5 of which will 60 minute fun-filled, theme-based masterclasses), 2 recitals and much more! Tuition is payable in 1, 2 or 10 equal installments via post-dated cheques at the beginning of the year.