Our last week of October is already here! I am sending out our November newsletter just a bit early as the next 6 weeks will be JAM-PACKED full of good stuff! Here’s what’s on the agenda for the next few weeks!
- DRESS UP WEEK~ ’tis the week before Halloween! If you would like to dress up for your lesson this week in your favourite costume, I would love to see it! We will have a little fun this week.
- MUSICIAN IMPOSSIBLE!~ we’ve had a bit of a super hero theme going to start off our year and a colleague of mine, Teacher Stacey, of Inspired Piano Studio in Ontario heard about it. She thought we would like to join her studio’s “Musician Impossible” practice challenge for the month of November! Each week she and I will send out a list of mission tasks for our piano super heroes to complete each week that will provide us with some fun challenges to prepare us for upcoming Holiday performances! The first tasks will be sent out on Monday. Your mission – should you choose to accept it – will be to complete all 12 tasks by the Friday. Those who complete the weekly challenges will be eligible for prizes! Stay tuned next Monday for your first tasks.
- NOVEMBER BREAK~ November brings with it a bit of a break for our school students and so we will take a bit of a break from our lessons as well. November 9-13 the studio will be closed and there will be no lessons to allow all the students from the various districts a bit of a break as they finish up their first quarter of school. MUSICIAN IMPOSSIBLE tasks will still be emailed out to you that week, however, and my hope is that you will take that extra time to work on some holiday music.
- SIP AND STRUM UKULELE FOR ADULTS~ last year we had a family ukulele class and this year there has been a little interest in an adult ukulele class. I will be offering two “Sip and Strum” nights for adults between now and Christmas. No experience is necessary. Each evening we will learn or review the chords needed for approximately 3 holiday pieces. Come learn to play the ukulele or just brush up on your chord changes and strumming patterns for the Christmas season. These class will be held “paint-nite” style. Come with your favourite beverage to sip (coffee, tea, hot cocoa or wine). Both classes will be held on Fridays: November 20th and December 4th at 7pm. $25 per class, space is limited. No ukulele? One can be supplied for you for the class for a $10 fee.
- CONCERT WITH COMPOSER, ANDREA DOW ~ Andrea Dow is a colleague and friend of mine who lives on Vancouver Island. She composes music that many of my older students love playing. She has invited some of our older students to play for her in a Zoom style concert on December 4th. A very exciting opportunity for them!
- WELCOME SUNRISE STUDENTS!~ and finally: a warm welcome to our Sunrise students who will be starting their music class this week: Emily, Lucas, Whitney and Farrah! We are so excited to have you join our studio!