Well, here we are! We made it through January! And a number of us ended it off with a night at the Opera on Thursday night! What an experience that was! If you missed it, Edmonton Opera has just announced next season’s line up and among it is Rossini’s La Cenerentala (Cinderella!!) and Puccini’s Turandot (a story of the kind -hearted Calaf who risks his life to melt the icy heart of Princess Turandot). Hopefully one of them will have an evening education dress rehearsal again!
As we head into February, just a few things to bring to your attention:
1. CAUGHT PRACTICING! We have 7 students up on our caught practicing wall so far! Keep emailing those awesome pictures!
2. FEBRUARY MASTER CLASS: The week following Family Day (February 16-18), there will once again be no regular lessons due to the holiday Monday. Instead we will once again have special themed Master Classes. February’s theme will be a Piano Pajama Party…because what could be better than wear your pajamas during the cold winter season! 😉 It will also lead perfectly into our brand new practice challenge that will be kicked off that week and run until Spring Break (How? You’ll see!). I will be sending out a Master Class sign up sheet separately in the next day or so! As a heads up the Tuesday class will be 6pm, the Wednesday class at 5 and the Thursday class is TBD but likely 4:30 or 5.
3. SPRING BREAK: February is a short month and I am sure Spring Break will be here before we know it. The calendar on my website has been updated for you to check out but, in the meantime, I am letting you know that we will be having a 2 week Spring Break this year from March 21-April 3. I have been invited on my daughter’s grade 11 class trip to Mandeville, Jamaica as a chaperone and have also been asked to run a music camp and piano clinic at the orphanage and church respectively while we are there. In addition, we will be building some much needed extra room onto their buildings, teaching swimming lessons and doing soccer camps with the kids! I’m looking forward to an exciting, rewarding and thoroughly exhausting time with the 14 teenagers and three other chaperones! We will leave March 20th and return April 2. Regular lessons will resume on April 4th.
4. RCM EXAMS: For those of you doing theory or piano exams this May and June, the deadline to register is March 1st. I will be sending you more information including which centre to register for very soon!
5. SPRING RECITAL: Is officially MAY 6th! Mark your calendars!!!